new iguana

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
aww man, you can't post a topic called "new iguana" and not post some pics!

I can't help you with information, but I'm sure someone on here can...

Yes if your using a mercury vapor bulb only use calcium without d3 and if your using the tubes with d3. Bigger is always better for iguanas cage and can't forget the size 5-6 feet. A lot of the sexually can be understanded by the shapes on the face and spikes on the back.
Basking should be between 90-95 and 75-80 for usually the cool end or bottom of the cage. Peas are a great staple veggie for them. Talk and gentle rub the belly and sides for a calm iguana. Talk with a loud voice if aggression is being show. The tail is ment to break off for nature but does not grow back the same and not as long as it was.
I can go on and on but my best advice is be careful. Everything about them is to survive in nature as a wild animal. A pet will take patience and a lot of time. I know iguanas like the back of my hand. Enjoy your iggy because they grow fast.

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Mesh cages aren't a good cage for an iguana. Maintaining a constant temperature gradient is important and nearly impossible with mesh cages. And like you said being that they have long sharp claws it wouldn't take much to rip it apart. I got mine in a Cages By Design cage... best $2500 investment I ever made.

Exactly just thought newbies would of tried these cages. As stated on these these enclosures for use with juvenile iguanas. Zoomed mentioned this on box. Horse droppings if you ask me. Thanks for your comment!

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
No problem! I never believe advertising esp Calci-sand, saying reptiles love it! It kills more reptiles than anything!

disturb3d0n3":2nu74eyw said:
No problem! I never believe advertising esp Calci-sand, saying reptiles love it! It kills more reptiles than anything!

I get that trying to sell products. But killing innocent creatures reptiles isn't right. But false information about most reptiles is everywhere. Reason a must research first before you make a buy. I like looking up things before I buy. Like is it worth it or going to cause more issues then its worth.
Reason I use newspaper and paper towels cheap and pretty much safe. I had a beardie try to eat paper towels. But hasn't done so anymore. I have the beardies that are trans and silks and a leatherback. They cost doubled then regular dragons. Care is a little different with two of them.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:( its been four months since my iguana died. I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I just don't like the thought of what happened. He was eaten by spiders but I don't know what kind. That is all I'm gonna say. I don't like talking about it.

contessa20

Hatchling Member
Charizard1":1fc1856n said:
:( its been four months since my iguana died. I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I just don't like the thought of what happened. He was eaten by spiders but I don't know what kind. That is all I'm gonna say. I don't like talking about it.

I'm so sorry Charizard1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom