Meet Juanito

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
I didn't know where to put this so please move if im in the wrong place.
Ok so I work at at a grocery store and last night we got in a fruit shipment from Mexico.. Well one of the overnight stickers found a little green iguana inside! I'm close with my manager and he took the lizard home and gave it to me this morning. He is so cool! I love him already. He is extremely sweet considering he was wild. Here are some pictures and I plan to keep this thread up to date with new pics every few days.
image4.jpg

image2.jpg

83d16791.jpg

cd43055a.jpg

0ebfa748.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

---EDIT---
I accidentally put a picture twice.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
wow, he is so beautiful! I can't believe he was in a shipment, what a silly iguana. Good luck with him :)

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! He sure is a spunky little thing. He was probably freaked. Went from eating fruit in some mexican tree on a farm, to a store, to a house, to my house in a big cage full of plants and unlimited food! What a life. haha

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Other Reptile Discussions>Iguanas]

Congrats Jarett on your new baby! Poor little guy must've been so scared being transported from the comforts of home to an alien world -- but he sure looked like he settled in with you rather well. Loved the snuggle pic :p

ImAguy

i can just imagine the iguana before getting shipped... im gonna eat some bananas then get stuck in an unlimited food box then go to a farm for a day then go to someones grocery store and then get caught eating in the box then find a nice home and live the rest of this life of mine and maybe raise a family. see mom. its all planned out

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
haha thats it exactly! Except, Juanito will not be raising a family. There are enough baby igs in the world without homes!

ImAguy

i agree. often they are inbred and they are born with stunted bodies and limbs. then people cannot feed and care for them and they die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom