I Want to Rescue an Iguana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike91383

Hatchling Member
I have been looking on Craigslist for an Iguana to Rescue. I found one that has been housed in a tank that is the same size as he is? (All Most) WTF is wrong with people? So I was wondering if it’s better to build an enclosure or I have also found a tank that may work in is 6' L X 3’ T X 30" W. From what the owner of the tank said He had his 5' Iguana in it for five years. I am also do my research on Iguanas so may be I'll find the answer I'm looking for.
Thanks

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
Iguanas need a lot of space, especially vertical space. You didn't say how big the Iguana you want to get is, but I would think at a minimum, you want 1-2 times it's length for the height and width, and depth can be a bit smaller.. maybe 1-1.5 times. That being said, its probably far more economical to build an enclosure, if you aren't able to dedicate an entire small room for it to live in.

mike91383

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I have been doing my research on Ig's and you are exactly right, ideal space is 5' L X 6' T X 3' W. So that tank on Craigslist would only work for a short period of time. The person with the Ig right now, said he is around 24". He sent me pics and he looks so much bigger in that small tank. Also it is said that it takes a lot of work every day to tame them once they have turned on people. I would love to help this Ig but a lot of cards need to fall into place first, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom