Rhino Iguana yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBrian

Juvie Member
Im thinking about getting a Rhino Iguana it's just in the back of my mind at the moment since I know they require alot of space, but does anyone have good experience with owning one? I plan on getting a baby(not sure where to look, any ideas?) so I can tame it by the time it's BIG, so jsut wanted to know if anyone with a Rhino Iguana can list any downfalls to owning one beside that they require alot of space,thanks!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Rhino's are great.Males tend to be a tad more aggressive later but not nearly as bad as green iggy's.Females are much more docile and both are just sweet as can be as babies and juvies.I say go for it as long as you have the room!

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hmmmm it's tempting, I would like a baby but since you put it that way I would want a female but then I think I read you cant sex them till after 2 years or something. Could be wrong havent done all my research I just know the "vegetarian" part is a plus for me!My other concern is if i'll be able to keep the same attention as I do with the 2 beardies I already have. Like I said undecided but really tempting I did look up pricing on Fuana Classifieds havent tried Kingsnake yet but would rather get him locally which my best bet would have been at the Anaheim reptile show that just passed up lol!

Well thanks for the response!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Yes I know how tempting it is.The only reason I dont have one is that I have a dog and cat and not so worried about the dog but I am not sure how the cat would react with an Iggy roaming the house especially if he tail whipped her! :wink:
Listen the boy/girl thing is just an FYI that doesnt mean you cant get a male.As a matter of fact my favorite rhino was a little boy named Frankie who is know owned by a member here but I was a friend of the previous owner and used to go hang out with Frankie all the time.Actually if you put Frankie in the search you should come up with a thread or two on him.It is very hard to tell sometimes when they are young but most good breeders can at least give a strong possibility of sex and I do recommend if you get one you go with a baby so you can start fresh and bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom