Wheezy (redfoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Soo we now have Ruby our beardie and a NEW addition a Redfoot Tortoise named Wheezy :D He's from a local rescue and is only 7inches (shell length) he's a full grown adult and so should be 12-14inches but his shell is sooo badly pyramided that he doest seem to grow. (he's been with the rescue for 6yrs and hasn't grown and inch so guessing his a full grown adult age unknown :( He's such a handsome fella regardless and we just love him!! Heres a couple pics and a quick video :D
IMG_4185.jpg

d97e6bd3.jpg

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks MorphMom it means Alot to me to be able to rescue these little guys and provide the. With a stable caring environment! :)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I'm seriously looking into a hermanns tortoise for my (Very loving and gentle) daughter. They truely are amazing animals. On a side note, my BD Myah, was a 'Second chance' dragon. I adopted her at a year old and she's cuddling me as a write this. I'm so thankful for my adopted adult.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im also very thankful for my adopted adults and my poor tort is so deformed but I LOVE Him regardless! Thats awesome about getting your daughter a tort just make sure if she looses interest your ready to care for it for 50yrs or more :)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
RubysMomma":fbp9y2xw said:
Im also very thankful for my adopted adults and my poor tort is so deformed but I LOVE Him regardless! Thats awesome about getting your daughter a tort just make sure if she looses interest your ready to care for it for 50yrs or more
Wheezy does have a unique look. I don't know how anyone could could be so neglectful. It makes me so very frustrated. :angry5: Thank goodness Wheezy is with you now. It must truely feel like heaven on earth :D I know my daughter will loose interest sooner rather then later, *sigh* but we've decided on the Hermanns for their smaller size and shorter life expectancy. I'm hoping that when she's grown and out on her own, she'll take the little one with her. Or atleast take her pet once I'm 6 feet under! LOL! :lol:

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hahaha well at least your prepared! Yes he was Severely neglected and is Very deformed as a result! Sad wish I knew who did this to him and where they got him from but we have no info from before he came to the rescue 6yrs ago!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
RubysMomma":2wcul7fw said:
Hahaha well at least your prepared! Yes he was Severely neglected and is Very deformed as a result! Sad wish I knew who did this to him and where they got him from but we have no info from before he came to the rescue 6yrs ago!
6years. How wretched :( An amazing animal was truely forsaken. May I ask a favor? May I see a pic of your indoor enclosure? (If you have) I live in Canada and will need an inside home for the little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom