box turtle still hibernating :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheri85

Juvie Member
so my box turtle, Whoopi, hibernates every year, usually starting in late fall, and wakes up on her own in the spring, usually about April. well, we're well into May, and despite me taking her outside and putting her in her pool, she goes right back to sleep once back in her tanks. even when i took her outside she immediately found a pile of leaves and burrowed under it. i even offered her a nightcrawler, her favorite food, and she ignored it to go back to sleep.

i should mention that April of last year she had a problem with an overgrown beak. took her to the vet and they shaved it down, and afterwards she was eating like normal.

i'm just worried because normally she's awake by now and has an insatiable appetite, and now i can't even keep her awake. any reason she might still want to sleep? do i need to take her to the vet? money is sort of tight right now and i don't want to have to do that unless it's an emergency.

when she is awake she's alert, and moving without issue. her eyes are bright. other than her wanting to sleep through this nice weather, she looks fine. but i'm still worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom