are baby turtles illegal in maryland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
i heard from a guy who works at the harve de grace reptile expo and he said that baby turtles are illegal in maryland is this true everyone?

Floof

Juvie Member
I doubt it. He may be talking about the 4" law... It's a national law that turtles under 4" length can't be sold. The law was made for fear of children putting them in their mouths and getting salmonella, or a similar concern--not totally sure. There are ways around the law, and stipulations, I'm just not sure what they are. You might find better information on it over at http://tortoiseforum.org. I seem to recall a thorough discussion of the law awhile back... You should be able to find it with the search function. If you can't find it, I'm sure the members would be happy to help you out if you ask.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
You can technically buy smaller than 4" turtles/tortoises but only if it is for educational purposes i.e. teachers/professors, herpetologists etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom