how to teach my box turtle tricks with home items

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna teach my box turtle tricks without food items from petsmart i want to use home items such as corn and such or toys or something help a bro out!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
What type of tricks does one teach a turtle? Sorry just curious... :) I didn't know you could teach them tricks. :eek:

How big is your box turtle? I have a male box turtle that I recently acquired. He's very awesome, smart, curious, but stubborn and set in his ways. :lol:

Floof

Juvie Member
I'm pretty sure you can't teach turtles or tortoises tricks... As well, corn is a bad choice of "treat," or food at all. Tortoises have been known to play with balls (i.e. tennis balls), so maybe he'd be interested in that, but I highly doubt you'd be able to teach the turtle a trick. Remember, reptiles aren't dogs... They don't have the intelligence, motivation, or desire to please that make dogs so easy to train. Very different animals...

I highly recommend reading through this Box turtle care website: http://boxturtlesite.info/ and posting on this forum: http://tortoiseforum.org... You can ask about your "training" theory on the forum to see if anyone has any input for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom