Thought I'd share some pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Krayt":ldmkcfz7 said:
That's awesome! My fiance and I love pretty much all tortoises. My fiance thinks most box turtles are ugly so we're sticking to tortoises like russians, sulcatas, leopards, etc. I personally love any reptile with or without legs lol

Aw, really? I think Box turtles are gorgeous. <3 Your fiance should suck it up... lol. I'm with you. All reptiles are amazing. Unfortunately I don't have a picky fiance or the like to reign me in, so that means I'm constantly planning enclosures for all kinds of things, from monitors to skinks to geckos to pythons to colubrids to tortoises to turtles... And maybe Pacman and Pixie frogs, too... Really, really need to become independently wealthy. lol

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Haha yeah, my fiance and I are both in school so hopefully when we're done we get extreme high paying jobs so we can get all sorts of awesome reptiles like her savanna monitor and my geckos/frogs/and a bunch more stuff :p We've already decided we're gonna stick to terrarium based reptiles until we get a big house then we'll be getting a lot more :D The tortoises are in a 6x5 area with cypress bark as the bedding. They seem to like the bark so they can dig down deep.

Floof

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We all need stupidly high paying jobs, lol. Or to win the lottery.. That would work, too.

Aaah, I love Savannah monitors. It's so sad that so many people don't know how to take care of them, even serious reptile people. They're definitely one I plan on having, even if it's just some rescue Savs. Really, really great animals. :) Dwarf monitors are pretty great, too. Have you heard of Kimberley Rock Monitors (Varanus glauerti) or Pilbara Rock Monitors (Varanus pilbarensis)? The Kimberleys are the larger of the two and only get to around 3 ft total length, with 2/3s of it being tail, so they don't really get much bigger than a bearded dragon.

Does the cypress hold burrows pretty well? I used plain topsoil for my guys, but, alone, it just doesn't hold its shape like I'd like.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
No I haven't heard of either of those two monitors. She is madly in love with the species and since we can get one from a breeder she loves them even more lol. Yeah bark seems to hold shelters very well for us. But the shape of the bark, like the layout is always getting messed up for us haha, because our two love digging so much that it looks like a war occurred in the terrarium with all the spots they dig then leave. So it looks like giant craters spread throughout the tank. We just at the end of every day while they are sleeping is move the bark around to cover the craters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom