Urgent!!!! Answers needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

I have no idea what kind this is! My Mom found it on the street and we brought it home becuase we had no clue if it was native or not.
She/He is about 6 in from head to tail and I assume it is a couple years old. We didnt know if it was someones pet or a wild one.
I think if it is wild it could be a gopher tortoise or something else? any help?
Thank you for reading this! (seriously... I really need some fast answers.

Agonistes

It sure does look like a gopher tortoise, I think your assumption was spot on. Are you thinking this is somebodies pet?

HumorDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well not any more. lol (I do know of some reptiles that have been released down here though so I was worried at first.)

Agonistes

I would just let him go is you suspect him being a wild animal. I believe it's illegal in most places to keep wild animals "hostage." :roll:

terracolson

Hatchling Member
Dont let it go unless you live in the area they live in, then how can you be sure its not captive breed?

Call fish and game if you really want to.. or ask around?

Where do you live?

There is a rescue in Sacramento and fresno and other places..you might ask them if some one reported him missing

Floof

Juvie Member
Where do you live? It looks to me like a Desert or Gopher tortoise, and it wouldn't be far-fetched at all to suggest it's wild and not just an escaped captive... Gophers are native to the southeast; the various Desert tortoises are native to the southwest. If you're concerned about it not being a native tortoise, the best alternative to simply releasing it would be to find a wildlife rehabilitation center to surrender it to.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom