Spots on my red eared slider HELP! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a turtle, who has recently developed these white spots around the edge of his shell, and then green spots formed ontop of it.

Unfortunately I have not been able to give it regular water changes because I have just moved and he is living with a relative atm, but I'm finding it hard to find an online diagnosis. I can have pictures available tomorrow sometime, but any help is GREATLY appreciated :)

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Well pictures would help, because it could be a lot of things. It could be shell rot, or some sort of fungal infection.
Could you list the set up so we can see if everythings ok there?

cellardoor27

Original Poster
Well I believe it may be shell rot... I bought him from a pet store last august, he's in a 20 gal tall tank (almost time for a new one), got my heat lamp (75 wats) and 10 watt uvb strip light..filter, and a pleco.. no live plants.

He went a little while without UVB during the moving transition.

Also, if it is shell rot, are there any easy ways at home I can do to make it go away?

I will get a pic up soon. I'm going to wait for him to bask as when I had just taken him out of the tank to take pictures, the flash reflected off the water and didn't show the spots very well.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Alright, it will be hard to determine without pics, but I believe you can buy a product at petstores for shell rot, but I've never used it so I dont know if it works..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom