New turtle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
heyy! um person with elvis ( not sure if u want me to say ur name. idk)... deven eats, and then not. then eats.... and then not. and the other day i brought him out to show my friends and he escaped and i couldnt find him in my room. he ended up in a paper towel roll. so anyway i still need to look into the heating thing cuz i got cash 4 my bday. and also, i need to clean his tank but its full of little pebbles. how do i clean it without ruining the pebbles? idk but i gtg cuz im in scool. loooooooooooong story. bi!

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
haha how long did you lose him for? its ok you can say my name alota people on this site know and they are all good people. and for mertle i use a water tank heater, u just plug it in and stick it in the cage, you can get them for like 15-20 dollars at petco, or cheaper at http://www.petmountain.com

Kaitlyn

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
babyelvissocute":76599 said:
thats good. I hope he gets to the full size as he's supposed to be. Is Buddy a Snapping turtle? Does he try to bite you alot? I think Leroy is half snapper or something cuz he bites alot. Whenever anyone except for me comes towards him he opens his mouth right up and trys to bite their finger. Its the funniest thing to watch, I just hope he outgrows it when hes bigger
Yes, Buddy's a snapper, and no, he has never bit me before. During the first month, he'd open his mouth like he was going to bite, but would retreat before he even reached my finger -- and that's only during bath time. Now, I can stick my face up to his and he wouldn't even hiss or turn his head. But keep in mind that Buddy's not a typical snapper -- heck, he's not even a typical turtle :roll:

Since Leroy is still a baby, you might be able to train him to not bite. What I did with Buddy was to say "eh eh" and tap the tip of his mouth whenever he opened up in protest. Before I knew it, he learned what "eh eh" meant without the tapping.
Just like any pet, repetition is key.

Good luck.

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yes, ive read all about the turtle who thinks hes a beardie, lol. Thanks. It doesnt hurt when he bites, its just that I know it will hurt when hes bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom