brought home a monitor; Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thank you everyone for your continued support. he passed away this afternoon while i was at work. i left him under his uv light this morning after giving him a bath and trying to give him fluids. i came home to soak him again at lunch. i had the pedialyte warmed and was ready to put him in the tub when i felt him.

last night i had talked to jeff, the guy who was going to rehab him. i dont have a liscence and he lives a couple cities over but he said he was doing some event near me and could pick him up thurs(tomorrow)... i tried to keep him hydrated and warm enough untill tommorow, when that guy could step in.

sorry to let everyone down. im going to bury him tomorrow under the oak i burried my basilisk under...

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Ohhh honey... you didn't let everyone down... you gave that little boy a fighting chance... more of a chance if he had it any other way. He knew what true love was through the care he received from you!

Sending you hugggies Jason... you have such a big heart!!!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Jason- You did the best you could. Without you he would have died sooner and never have felt loved or cared for. You gave him a great gift, Love. Now when he gets to the Rainbow Bridge he can tell the others that he ,too was loved. He will play with them and wait with joy in his little heart, because YOU gave him that love.

Sandy h

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Oh, dear Jason, I'm so sorry to hear you bad news. :cry:
You didn't let us or him down. You did what you could do, which is more than his previous owners were willing to do for him. You must admit he was in very bad shape when he came into your life at least you were there for him to give him love, care, an a little comfort in his final days. You must not beat yourself up over this. I'm sure he would tell you he appreciated all your efforts if he could.

I send you my love and friendship with a big monster hug.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jason,

Sorry about Atlas. :cry: He knew you loved him & at least he had more love & attention than he had in the store. Sorry you were not able to get him to the rehabber in time.

Tracie

atreyu917

Juvie Member
the rehaber probably couldn't have saved him either. Previous "owners" did too much damage. PLEASE, please dont beat yourself up over this. You're doing the best for these animals, who otherwise have no chance at life. I agree with the rest of the commenters, at least he and the basilisk died happy being the spoiled lizards they were meant to be. Try not to get too discouraged, you did your best and are a Godsend to these little animals that are in need.

Don't give up doing what you do.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Crap, for some reason I was not getting updates on this thread...
I'm sorry that Atlas didn't make it, but it most certainly is not your fault. He was in bad shape when you got him.
He is no longer suffering... Other's here have said things way more articulate that I ever could.. but be proud of yourself for what you do.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Jason,

My condolences on Atlas's passing. As other's have already said, you have not let anyone down, and certainly did as much to let him know he was loved in his last days, know that someone who cared was fighting for him. In none of this is failure, but instead, an inspiration for each of us to do what we can to help the creatures that need our help and our love. I'm not saying you are a saint or doing everything perfect, but that you do what you can with an open heart, rather than sitting on the sidelines doing nothing, and that is your great gift to us all. We are both tenderhearts, but I have thirty years on you, and learned a lot when I was your age about the pain of loss. This is from my Lizardgrrl webpage, " the heart is worn on the sleeve here. it can get pretty banged up, but is always worth it. i would not trade anything i have done and be less me."

Atlas, along with your basilisk, will remain in your heart, and wait happily together for you at the rainbow bridge. hugs and :love5: to you and your whole scaly family!

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Hey Jason
I know I don't post a lot in your threads probably nothing at all but always keeping an eye out and seeing the great work you do. Really sorry to hear about atlas, it's pretty obvious you did the best you could do, we have all seen the miracle work that you have done and I'm sure that atlast appreciated every moment you were there.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thank you everyone. i appreciate the outpour of support from all the members who have posted here. i havent posted back untill now because it has hurt too much; its like reopening a healing wound.

i cleaned out the tank he was in and sterilized everything. i put it away for now because i dont think i can handle any more rehabs right now(emotionally and time-wise) :| . i will keep the setup however, in case theres a reptile i simply cant ignore down the road...

Sampson and Atlas didnt make it to see happier days and they are no longer with me. im not religious but i do believe in celebrating a life that was precious. i believe that when we remember an individual who has passed, to speak their name and talk about their life is to make them live again. i recieve some solice in knowing the time i gave them was warm, comfortable and filled with care. i have some fond memories of them and for that im gratefull.

thank you again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom