Busy week at Rosebud's house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well, Val is home. He is weak, but alert. I just tubed him as there is no evidence that he has eaten, but he has drank. I don't know if he will survive over the next few days, but I will give him every chance.
Gecko003-1.jpg

Gecko004.jpg

Gecko005-1.jpg

BTW, those are my baby chuckwallas in the background, and the sores on my hands are compliments of one crazy Mexican Igginess now known as Hoss! :lol: I wish the prognosis for Val was better. We'll just have to see.

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
My fingers are crossed for the biopsy to come back benign. Did Dale say how long it would take for the results to be known? I'm so happy that Val seems to be pulling through so far.

As for Sparky, :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob8: Best news I've had all week!

In the meantime, I'm sending all the love and prayers that I can, to you and your rescued crew of scaly babies. Give your Mom a hug from me and kisses to the rest!

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much, Frances. Unfortunately, little Val lost the fight over night, but I think this might be best if all he had to look forward to is more surgery. He was a little trooper. The tumor had to be removed as it had grown and he had lost weight. He would not have survived with it for much longer. At least we tried, and since Dale did a good deal of research on anesthetic and how to proceed before he operated, he now knows a little more about treating other reptiles, so his little life meant a great deal to other little scalies that need help.

I will give everybody a hug as soon as I am no longer contagious. :lol: My students paid me back for making them think by giving me a virus. :evil: :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley1545.gif
Bye little Val. May the gecko angels guide you through your journey over the Rainbow Bridge.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Donna,

Oh sorry about little Val. He sure did put up a good fight, & for such a small animal, he lasted a long time! He was loved by you & that is what counted for him.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom