Odd behavior - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksemeraro

Hello! So my beardie is around 3 years old, male (so I’ve been told, I was terrible at trying to sex him myself), I’ve had him since he was a baby. I moved in January and since then he’s been more active than ever (he’s happier here), but the last two weeks he’s acting almost neurotic. His eating habits are the same, but now he poops multiple times a day when he used to only once or twice a week. He’s out of his cage multiple times a day and over the last 2 weeks has been doing a lot of glass surfing, when I let him out he darts all over the place and looks around like crazy when he used to just kinda mosey around and hangout. Today he started this thing where he kind of sinks into my floor and digs with his front and back leg on on side at the same time.. does anyone know what this could mean? Thanks in advance :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he has spring fever. They tend to go a bit nuts this time of year. Best thing to do that I've found is just give him as much space to roam as you can and let him run around and burn off some energy. Setting up a portable basking light so he can warm up while he's out is helpful too. This tends to calm down after a while on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom