humidity help

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
I just got a baby Blue Tongue and actually got one that needs higher humidity than I was expecting. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to keep the humidity higher besides spraying 3-4 times a day? I work evenings 1-10est. I'm trying to find the best fogger or mister without spending a fortune.
83913-2816372612.jpg
83913-1478099381.jpg

I was told from somewhere else it possibly is a kei Blue Tongue which needs 60% to 80% humidity. I can keep 40% to 45% misting in the morning and afternoon(before work) but then when I get home it's down to 20%.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, do you have moss as a substrate ? I see both moss + paper towel. For my fireskinks I always just pour water on the substrate in the a.m. this usually keeps things nice + humid. About 1/2 -3/4 cup should do the trick.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, in the end I had to put top soil,coco husk and moss mix. I didn't want to do that just yet until I moved it to it's permanent enclosure( I still need alittle play sand for that one) but it's been pooping and eating pretty good and paper towels with moss in the hide just wasn't cutting it. With the above mentioned I was able to get it to 50% So, I got a fogger to add a little more to the air humidity. Finally able to get it to 70%.
So much easier with a fire skink ( i have them too) because they only need a ground humidity of 50-60% and the air can be drier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom