Baby Green Anole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green anoles are indigenous to where i live and the weather has taken a very nasty turn, it’s been below freezing for weeks, and i found a baby green anole cold in my basement and i didn’t have the heart to leave him to die there or throw him out in the cold so i put him in a little cage for the time being until it warms up outside. He looks pretty rough to me but i really know nothing about anoles. is it okay what i’m doing? what should i feed him if so? He’s currently in a small terrarium with a little tree and a rock to bask on, I read that they prefer more vertical terrariums but my old chameleon terrarium is much too large for him. I have a basking bulb and a uvb bulb on and his cage is about 80°F. Any advice?
95726-9504832276.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might just be too cold. I would warm him back up, slowly. He's a cute little guy for sure! I'm not sure if he will want to eat and could be stressed out so releasing him back outside when the temps come back up is a good idea. I'd just give him some warmth and let him be for now since stress could cause more harm than good and the temps are bound to come back up soon. I've been reading about similar issues happening to Iguanas in Florida.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a good sign ! So nice that you helped the little guy. :) Keep the tank warm and spritz it well twice a day. They usually get their hydration from drops on foliage, and they require high humidity. Very small insects would be good, even houseflies + spiders.

That so cool that you did this!! Hopefully, the temperature gets back to normal. We have been having the same problem in New Mexico; one day its below freezing, then the next 2 days its 70F, then the next day its below freezing again! i'm always worried that the reptiles around here will come out of hibernation too soon. Keep up the good work and try feeding him at least a few small bugs (small crickets would work!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom