Transporting fecal specimen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the appointment for Lizanardo set up for Saturday!! But, I need to bring a fecal sample. This isn’t surprising to me, but I have no idea how to transport a fecal. Any help would be appreciated!

I am driving 2 hours to the appointment, if this helps any

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually scoop it up and put it in a ziploc bag and put that in a small brown paper bag (or not). I write the date and time on the outside of the bag and the vet can pull a sample right from there for packaging to send to a lab or to create slides/do tests right in the office.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Call up your vet and ask :)

Some have different requirement depending on what they test for and if they do the test in-house, send it out, what equipment they use and so forth. Some tests need a very fresh sample (~30min-1hr) and others do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom