Stuck shed help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
88523-398914642.jpg
My eastern collared lizard has some stuck shed on his (her?) snout. I thought it would flake off on its on but no such luck. Any advice on how to remove it? (He's underweight but rapidly gaining weight and appetite; he was a rescue from a couple of months back).

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Humidity chambers usually do the trick:
- Get an appropriately-sized disposable Tupperware
- Poke some holes in it for ventilation
- Dampen a paper towel with warm water
- Put the paper towel in the Tupperware
- Put the lizard in the Tupperware
- Close the lid and let sit for 20-30 minutes in a warm room (use a space heater if you have one)

Repeat daily until the shed is 100% off. You can pick at the shed a little bit when it's wet, but don't pull off more than will come off easily — you can injure him that way.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That might be O.K for a small tropical lizard but not for a flighty desert lizard. Putting him in a small container will stress him out too much, I respectfully disagree on that 100% . and don't pick it at all, you could really damage skin underneath.

It actually looks like a small wound there...either way, a dab of raw honey [ a natural antimicrobial + wound healer ] will do the trick. Just be sure there are no loose bugs in the tank to get on his face, esp. at night. Whenever humidity needs to be raised, a quick spritz of the tank twice a day will usually suffice.

Looks like a female, males are blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom