Stuck shed help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
88523-398914642.jpg
My eastern collared lizard has some stuck shed on his (her?) snout. I thought it would flake off on its on but no such luck. Any advice on how to remove it? (He's underweight but rapidly gaining weight and appetite; he was a rescue from a couple of months back).

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Humidity chambers usually do the trick:
- Get an appropriately-sized disposable Tupperware
- Poke some holes in it for ventilation
- Dampen a paper towel with warm water
- Put the paper towel in the Tupperware
- Put the lizard in the Tupperware
- Close the lid and let sit for 20-30 minutes in a warm room (use a space heater if you have one)

Repeat daily until the shed is 100% off. You can pick at the shed a little bit when it's wet, but don't pull off more than will come off easily — you can injure him that way.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That might be O.K for a small tropical lizard but not for a flighty desert lizard. Putting him in a small container will stress him out too much, I respectfully disagree on that 100% . and don't pick it at all, you could really damage skin underneath.

It actually looks like a small wound there...either way, a dab of raw honey [ a natural antimicrobial + wound healer ] will do the trick. Just be sure there are no loose bugs in the tank to get on his face, esp. at night. Whenever humidity needs to be raised, a quick spritz of the tank twice a day will usually suffice.

Looks like a female, males are blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom