Hurry Up and Hatch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
This section is pretty much dead, so I'll add something :)
Day 169 of incubation of beaded lizard eggs. They should hatch really soon...hopefully it won't take the full 220 days. I incubated a degree warmer (83°F) than people suggest to speed things up. I'm thinking pipping will be sometime in the next 7 days. They are kind of rare to hatch in captivity.[ximg]85426 1731223488[/ximg]
The mom
[ximg]85426 9886376303[/ximg]
The dad
[ximg]85426 7734673731[/ximg]

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Patients my friend!!! Being an expectant father is rough on the nerves, lol!
Pacing and, hand wringing are expected, lmao!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Haha...I have been really patient up until day 165. They can hatch around that time. But now I'm past that date I keep checking the incubator 100 times a day :)
It will be a good day, it's not often I get teary eyed hatching reptiles....but I know I will for these guys.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rankins":34odn2yk said:
Haha...I have been really patient up until day 165. They can hatch around that time. But now I'm past that date I keep checking the incubator 100 times a day :)
It will be a good day, it's not often I get teary eyed hatching reptiles....but I know I will for these guys.
You can't fool mother nature, lol!!! Its OK, calm down and relax, don't rush it, you'll be up to your eyeballs in beaded lizards before you know it. Enjoy the quiet while you can, lol!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That's true, the longer it takes the less pinkie mice to feed them. Saves me money the longer they take :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rankins":3oqhgrm0 said:
That's true, the longer it takes the less pinkie mice to feed them. Saves me money the longer they take :)
I bet the pinkies are happy about it, lol!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I don't think they will mind either way. They are frozen, I don't feed live food
After getting bitten I don't wish that on any living creature...especially me. It sucked bad...
This is a 6 mo old baby, notice I'm wearing gloves :)
[ximg]85426 6133817541[/ximg]

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It takes a week or two for them to want to eat. They live off the absorbed yolk sack for awhile. The first meal or two they can puke...so gotta be a bit gentle with feeding at first. After that the eat a lot!! I feed young ones 2-3 times a week and they are in perpetual shed from growing so fast. They can be sexually mature in 2.5 - 3 years and be 3 ft long. They live for 50+ years, so the babies I hatch will be alive when I'm in the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom