Looking to get a new reptile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is! She eats about 5-7 crickets every other day, she's doing fine when I handle her, she's out and about in her tank a decent amount during the day! She hasn't really established any regular bathroom habits though, but we'll see.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey! I was hoping, AHBD, that perhaps you could answer something for me. So Ruby's been settling in fine, she's become much more active, spending the day hiding in the foliage and in her water dish rather than burrowing all the time. But for the past few days, she's gone back to burrowing again. Today, when I took her out, her reds are also paler. I was looking this up, but I wanted to post here to get some feedback I trust. Is this just normal shedding behavior for a fire skink? She does not seem lethargic in any way at all, she just wants to hide.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Sorry I never got a notification on your last post, I just looked here by chance to ask how she's doing and saw it. Burrowing is fine, and they do become duller when near a shed. How is everything else going with her ?

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No worries! It happens. She's pretty good! She's settled into a nice eating habit, and she's pretty darn active. She's also much less skittish when she gets some time out of her tank.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It seems like you got a real " gem" with Ruby ! lol, corny, but I couldn't help it. :) Seriously though, these lizards are just so easy to care for and are ideal as pets.....not QUITE as personable as beardies but some are pretty close.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:lol: That's the perfect way to describe it. I feel like I did! I'm very happy to have her, and she's really been wonderful so far.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ruby's doing really great! She's settled into a bit of routine, she eats about every other day, usually around 7 adult crickets. She's so different from Gabe, she let's me know she's done while Gabe just eats and eats and eats until I tell him he's done :lol: I wish she would be more consistent about her bathroom habits (in terms of 'I wish you would pick one place and go') , but I just try to clean up as I can. She's currently going through a full body shed, everything looks like it's coming off well and I'm double checking her little feet. She might have lost her claws but she doesn't need to lose anything else.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My little Blaze is not settling in to a good bathroom routine either....I never know where he's going to poo. :? My other one always went in the same spot, I'm disappointed that Blaze doesn't. Oh well !

william139

Such an amazing reptile which you have shared. I am really love to keep reptile in my house. I would like to ask the real price of this reptile. I am really want to buy this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom