Tank clips? Your favorite kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted about this in the snake forum too. We are getting a snake and hubs hates the idea of using the tank clips because they're "too difficult" or "too much hassle" really he's never opened a tank with a proper screen on it that had tank clips though. Anyways what's your favorite kind? Some input would really help.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
When I had snakes years ago I had two different types of screen tops, one top sort of locked down over the outside top rim of tank and the the other screen top had sliding tabs that sort of locked the screen in on the inside rim of the tank. I didn't like either one. Neither was really secure enough for a crafty snake.

derangedplanet

Original Poster
The snake we are getting tomorrow. She's a Brazilian rainbow. And while I've never cared about what kind of clip holds down the screens, he used to get yelled at whenever he wanted to hold our old roommates snake because "he was gonna lose the clips" it was stupid. Anyways. They had there's setup with 2 screens overlaying eachother so it wasnt the easiest to use. Ours is a middle hinge screen lid with panel covers on it to help contain humidity and heat. I was just thinking we'd buy the regular clip onto the side of the glass clips and he started complaining so I promised to seek out whether or not anyone had a favorite style.

I've consider doing like a lock setup glued to either side to keep her in but allow ease of handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom