reptile for a 40 or 55 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop845

Hi all. 

I am looking for some ideas. I have a spare 40 and a spare 55 gallon tank. 

My bearded dragon passed away recently and I don't think I can handle another one right now. (I am seriously sad about it)

I have researched and asked around, everyone is telling me to put in reptiles I already own. 

I have two ball pythons, a corn snake, and a leopard gecko, which is everyone's answer. I also own a fire skink. 

I've owned a lot of different reptiles in the past, so I don't mind something a little more complicated. 

I don't particularly care for turtles, or frogs. 

Any ideas? :3

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'm sorry to hear about your dragon. Are you looking for something to handle or just watch? Lizard or snake?

You could look at something like a colony of anoles, or turn the 55 on end and make an interesting vertical tank for a crested gecko.

I love hognose snakes to pieces, a 40 is probably too big for a baby, but a larger female might like it if you landscape it well. Garter snakes are also interesting, and the big tank could be made into an interesting pauldarium for a garter.

They are similar too but still different from bearded, but you could also look at Rankins dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom