reptile for a 40 or 55 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop845

Hi all. 

I am looking for some ideas. I have a spare 40 and a spare 55 gallon tank. 

My bearded dragon passed away recently and I don't think I can handle another one right now. (I am seriously sad about it)

I have researched and asked around, everyone is telling me to put in reptiles I already own. 

I have two ball pythons, a corn snake, and a leopard gecko, which is everyone's answer. I also own a fire skink. 

I've owned a lot of different reptiles in the past, so I don't mind something a little more complicated. 

I don't particularly care for turtles, or frogs. 

Any ideas? :3

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'm sorry to hear about your dragon. Are you looking for something to handle or just watch? Lizard or snake?

You could look at something like a colony of anoles, or turn the 55 on end and make an interesting vertical tank for a crested gecko.

I love hognose snakes to pieces, a 40 is probably too big for a baby, but a larger female might like it if you landscape it well. Garter snakes are also interesting, and the big tank could be made into an interesting pauldarium for a garter.

They are similar too but still different from bearded, but you could also look at Rankins dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom