Chameleon help "again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone unfortunately I went to see a tank but the owner tried to rip me off. Am I able to put a chameleon in a large 40 gallon tank with lots of plants that's really long ? Or will it still feel crammed? Please help me!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kate, the 40 gal tank will be fine for a few months, but an adult cham. needs more climbing space so the cage should be tall rather than long. If you set up a 40 gal. tank for a baby, just be sure that you can monitor how he eats because the tank will be quite large + the little crickets can easily outrun him. You might want to look into getting a screened enclosure such as a Reptarium. They don't cost too much , just look it up...a 65 gal. would be great for an adult cham.

Chameleons are arboreal. They prefer heights up in the canopy as opposed to life along the ground. My Ambilobe panther does very well in a large, tall screened enclosure full of plants, vines and bamboo with a drip system for hydration and humidity. I get all my chameleon's needs answered at chameleonforums.com. Screened enclosures are cheaper than glass,....and preferred. Use what you got for now but aim for tall and screened soon enough. I also enjoy watching the feeders climb the screen surface and watch my "Sniper" picking them off above the tree line like a shooting gallery expert!! Enjoy your baby!
Bless,
Bill

Lpsouth1978

Hatchling Member
You can always build one. They are easy to do! Just build a frame using wood (treated to protect against mold and rot), PVC pipe, or whatever you want. Then Cover it in Aluminum mesh. It probably wouldn't cost more than about $50. Cheaper than anything you will find at petsmart. Or you can get a Reptiarium. I know my petsmart carries them. You want something that is at least 18"x18"x36" for an adult chameleon.

Good lick to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom