Another reptile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Hi i've had my bearded dragon Digger for 3 months now , I take him everywhere with me, he's spoiled as can be and have even been applying for extra jobs so I can spoil him even more. Anyway for Christmas since I buy my own gift my parents said I can get another reptile. I promised to never get another bearded dragon simply for Diggers sake and his previous owner requested. I'm NOT looking to replace I am very happy with Digger but if there's another reptile I can spoil, why not? Are leopard geckos, blue tounged skinks good pairs? Any Suggestions? I've been looking ALL over and next month we're going to a local Reptile Show.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are both good choices, the skink will be much bigger, the leo will be nocturnal, so it will be kind of sluggish if you try to interact during the day. I would suggest a fire skink. They are one of the hardiest, easy to care for and stunningly beautiful, and live 15 -20 years.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love my leos. They are very easy to care for though they are wild children as babies. Total nut cases and they will scream at you. Once they mature they chill out.

I have a true fire skink who I adore as well and she is a sweet heart. She was a total nut job when I brought her home though. She had been at the pet store for a minimum of 6 months with minimal handling and they, like the leos, require a lot of daily handling to get them used to you.

Leo set up is easy, all you need is a UTH and a lamp dimmer.

TFS need UVB, heath lamp, and UTH.

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
I'd totally recommend Crested Geckos. They're arboreal and nocturnal. However they require no extra heating (thrive best from 72-82 degrees) can be fed live insects however there's already a complete gecko diet in powder form available to mix with water. Basically when it's time for your beardie to sleep you can give your crested gecko attention ;)

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
crested and crocodile geckos look quite awesome to me. It's gonna be so hard to decide which reptile I want next!

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Has anyone kept a turtle before? I know it's out of the blue but I used to watch a small water turtle named Philbert and absolutely loved him so I was just curious. The Red-footed tortoise seems to be quite exciting. I'm honestly open to any ideas though :] I just can't have a snake...parents don't allow

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Bearded Dragon Discussions>General to Other Reptile Discussions>General]

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Looks like a 20 long to me, but not sure. Leos are like beardies and should be housed together though some cases they can live fine if you get the right pair.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i'm not sure if he had leopard geckos but still seems like the right habitat for them. I was told never 2 males but that I can do 3 females, 2 females or a male and 2 females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom