Another reptile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay I just don't want mine to feel cramped at all and have plenty of digging space. Do you use Uv lighting for yours also?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I use a ReptiSun 10.0 UVB coil that can be mounted on top of the screen because TFK typically do not openly bask and only need a 5.0 UVB if you choose to mount in inside the tank. The 10.0 becomes a 5.0 when the screen filters out that 50%. They also don't need it all the time. You can do one day on one day off or one week on and one week off.

My girl prefers 2" of substrate and some prefer more than that.

She also has a basking light for heat along with the UTH.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Just a tid bit I thought I'd share.

I used to leave 2-3 crickets a day for Vraska in her cage all day because she would only eat that many and wouldn't eat when we tried to feed her. Well...I guess the crickets mated because when I went to get her out there were at least 20 baby crickets hopping around. Her cage is cleaned now and trying, but the lesson I learned is only feed crickets when you are there and sit with them and feed them one after another so they don't reproduce.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright I usually don't buy crickets often cause they smell super bad and died quickly on me. I buy just a few and bring them home as a surprise treat.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I thought about it especially since I just got hired for a new job so it's in my means. I broke off the deal for the 20 gallon tank...met a nice lady who creates reptile enclosures. She has a really nice one she kept her snake in http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Bunnybabe17/media/chameleon_zps0287b310.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 I would like to turn this into a really nice habitat for a chameleon. As much as I would've enjoyed a skink I have really been wanting a veiled chamelon for some time now and most likely will buy a baby from petsmart. My parents approve of my idea...probably going to repaint the outside of it though to another color and decorate. Can anyone inform me on what all I will need for this? I know they need lots of places to blend in and climb. It's got a screen netting on the top for lighting and should I get a automatic mister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom