What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
My sister in law sent me this picture and text that read: "my friend's bearded dragon" but it doesn't look like one I've ever seen. Do different bearded dragons look like this?

null-135.png

If it isn't a bearded dragon, what is it? Or if it is, what kind of bearded dragon is it? Just curious...

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well it's owner SURE does refer to it as a beardie. I knew it couldn't be right. Thanks for the info. I'm going to "gently" pass this along to the fella's owner.

Baldwin

Hatchling Member
Looks like a bearded dragon with a mohawk!

Yep, Iguana. I had one in college that I could never get tame and that tail hurts bad when they decide to use it. Unfortunately it met its demise from my cat. Guess that tail was no match for the cat.

I do feel bad that it died that way, but I it was mean as heck!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well...as a fairly new beardie owner, all I could think is "that's the meanest looking beardie ever!!!" Then I mentioned it really didn't look like a beardie. Thanks so much. Hopefully they'll research the iguana and give it the proper care it needs!

Then this one:

null-136.jpg

Yes, a beardie but sand alone did NOT cause this kind of damage. My fear is that I will offend if I try to offer any kind of help. This baby doesn't look well AT ALL :(
I'd suspect MBD, lack of UVB, calcium, temps...the list would go on forever. The thing is...I have pretty much whatever they'd need to help that beardie. Though, we all tend to think we know what's best for our babies. Sort of in a tough spot here...

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dropping the hint of checking out this site can't hurt.
"hey there is a cool site where you can learn a ton about beardies.."

Then we can be the bad guys and not you! lol.

-Brandon

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon! I'm actually just going to text her the web address here and let her know that this is where I've learned to care for my beardie. THEN I'll explain that there's EVEN a place to discuss OTHER reptiles like that iguana she keeps calling a beardie :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom