Beginner tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmaker

Hi, I've been interested in getting a bearded dragon for a few years now (had a tarantula before) and I was wondering if you had any tips for a beginner and also how much does it cost to get everything needed for the dragon, I have a heat lamp and tank, what else do I need
Thanks!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) bearded dragons are great little pets. They are in my option very expensive compared to other pets though. You har to buy one. A good one will cost about $100-$200. You will need a cage. The smallest being a 40 gallon breeder. I have a 75 gallon. That costs about $100-$300. You will need lighting and heating. So a UVB light, basking light and other lighting. About $75. You need substrate this can be newspaper, tiles, reptile carpeting. About $20. You need calcuim and multivitams. They are about $20. And then food which is for me $30 a week for 1000 crickets and some Phoenix worms. And then vet care which can range from $75 to about $150 depending on the problem. And lastly lots of love :). While they are pretty spendy they are great little pets. I hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom