Beginner tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmaker

Hi, I've been interested in getting a bearded dragon for a few years now (had a tarantula before) and I was wondering if you had any tips for a beginner and also how much does it cost to get everything needed for the dragon, I have a heat lamp and tank, what else do I need
Thanks!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) bearded dragons are great little pets. They are in my option very expensive compared to other pets though. You har to buy one. A good one will cost about $100-$200. You will need a cage. The smallest being a 40 gallon breeder. I have a 75 gallon. That costs about $100-$300. You will need lighting and heating. So a UVB light, basking light and other lighting. About $75. You need substrate this can be newspaper, tiles, reptile carpeting. About $20. You need calcuim and multivitams. They are about $20. And then food which is for me $30 a week for 1000 crickets and some Phoenix worms. And then vet care which can range from $75 to about $150 depending on the problem. And lastly lots of love :). While they are pretty spendy they are great little pets. I hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom