Ugh... There's something wrong with this person...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

Juvie Member
So I came across this craigslist ad the other night. And WOW. I'm sure it won't take long for you to guess what's wrong with this picture!! (By the way, there are no pictures in the ad..)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/wan/2938786876.html

"Around 6 year old female sudan plated lizard, live over 10 years.

Comes with 26 gallon area tank, water dish and lamp (I just use a regular light bulb).

Feeds on 1 hopper once a week and treated with manderine oranges and bannanas every few days.

She is skidish until you hold her for awhile because I havent handled her much lately. I would like to make a trade with someone or I will except cash..just shoot me a offer.

Would like to trade for maybe a snake, another lizard, cichlid fish, MMJ, workout equipment or just anything you think I might like "

No UVB, a 26 (??) gallon tank, ONE HOPPER MOUSE per week, and FRUIT every few days is its diet!? Ugh!! I don't even want to think about the kind of condition this poor lizard is in!!!

And the worst part is, he wants to get ANOTHER lizard! UGH!

I did send a friendly email politely pointing out what was wrong and asking if he would allow me to rescue her, and got no response. Finally sent an email from a separate account today, just asking if he would sell her separate, and he emailed back within an hour or two. Sigh... I hate that everyone has too much of an ego to admit they're wrong!! Anyway, this time around I'm not saying anything about the atrocious care, just trying to get him to agree to a reasonable price/trade...

Cross your fingers for me... Hopefully this guy will at least let me talk him down and buy the lizard...

Anyway, thought I'd share, in case anyone else wanted to try rescuing the lizard or at least telling the guy off. :(

Kratoskeeper

Hatchling Member
I had a customer come in to work last night complaining about her 16 year old and his two dragons. I guess he took two adult dragons, which one is pregnant, and has not been taking care of him. Dirty tank, no water, barely feeds them. Thankfully this woman took charge and asked me all the questions she could think of, and is doing what is right for the dragons since the kid won't, and she was very passionate about the situation... borderline angry haha. She was thinking of taking them from him and trying to give them away so i offered to take them and find them a GOOD home, as i know what to look for in a beardie owner.

It's just sad that people don't research their animals and think they can do the bare minimum and hope for the best. I don't think anyone should give an animal like that to a teen, i mean dogs are one thing as they don't require as much attention, but a lizard that needs specific diet, lighting, living conditions etc... just no.

Thanks for sharing, good luck!

Floof

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for sharing, it's always nice to hear about someone who DOES care.

The rescue attempt with the plated lizard didn't work out. The guy was convinced it didn't need rescue and didn't answer my first email; when I emailed him from a second account asking what his cash asking price was, he told me to make an offer. So I did. Half retail price. He declared the lizard was worth much more than that, and went on to ignore my attempts to make a counter offer. People are ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom