Veiled chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Hi my mom just bought a baby veiled chameleon this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can give use some good sites and advice

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Hopefully she got a healthy one, and as far as chameleons go, veileds are the best as far as hardiness. Did she get any advice from the breeder ? Be sure to have plenty of fake plants and spray the enclosure twice a day, the cham. will drink from the leaves. No need for a water bowl or baths. Basking temp. about 90 -95, UVB bulb is a MUST. Dust the small crickets [ or fruit flies] with calcium powder once a day, and feed it several times a day. You can tell the sex of it by looking at the back feet. At the back of the " heel" will be small bumps called spurs" if it is a male. Males are to be preferred because the become extremely beautiful. Females are just plain green for the most part....if you have a female, you will need to put a container of potting soil, at least 10 -12" deep when she gets to be 5 - 6 months old. They can become eggbound if they don't have something to lay eggs in [ many of them will develop infertile eggs ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom