Help with getting new lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

theWERM

Hi, I have a 10 and 15 gallon tank and i was wondering if anyone knows of any lizards/geckos (preferably desert but jungle is fine) that would be forever be happy in one of these tanks, would a skink be fine? I already have a leopard gecko and am looking for another reptile. Are armadillo lizards a good and easy pet?

Fogles

Juvie Member
Those tanks are really too small to put any reptile in, they need some room to run around and have hot/cool side and you won't be able to do that with such a small tank.

AK3

I would get a twenty gallon tank for a gecko. they are fairly easy to take care of and eat a lot less than a bearded dragon. i would look around the internet for care sheets on each type of lizard you want, and then see which fits you best. Good Luck!

Starforce2

Juvie Member
anole's are fine in that small of a cage. I had an anole in a 10 gal. Live plants, real soil substrate, and a plexy top with 8 1/8th inch holes drilled and covered with screen and a standard flourescent light on it. It lived in there for 7 and 3/4 years, which from what I can tell is over their general life span. No UVB, no vitamin dusting, just crickets and water and a heat rock. But then again, this is a boring sit and watch pet. I never really handled the lizzard as I wasn't sure if that's what killed my other 3.

Armadillo lizzards I am told are not handle friendly. There's one at the pet store and I am told they bite. They also bite their tails to roll in a ball to stick out their thorny scales and they can be prickley. I've never owned one, but they do sorta look like mini-gators don't they?

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
it depends on what youre looking for in a pet aside from husbandry. both viper geckos and pictus geckos would be perfectly fine in a 10-15 gallon tank, they stay small. but theyre not near as handleable as a leo. their care is basically the same as leos, except pictus need a tad more humidity

Starforce2

Juvie Member
have you considered a swift? They are very brightly colored Green, with blue on the belly, unless it's a female which is duller, they are fast as hell so not a handle item but certainyl fun and they are about 4-5 inch at most including tail. I think they're cute. I saw them in a visit to twin city reptile here in minnesota. If I go again this weekend, perhaps I'll try to get a picture and a proper name for ya. They just got added to my list of considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom