Tree Agama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yea 2 weeks after I bought the beardie they got them in. Dunno if it woulda affected my decision. The 2 they got now are green/shinny where as the first pair were standard dark coal grey and looked in much better shape, got to hold one. They are defenetly neat looking critters alright. They seem to have similar eneds to a beardie which is why I wont be getting one atm, anything I get must be something with a low wattage requirement, one pet sucking up 200 watts is enough.

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
no, though I was told they're prone to jumping, about 3 of us held it in just afew minutes time..it was exactly like a beardie without the spiney stuff..infact I'd say it was as soft as the underside of a beardie all over.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Starforce2":1c1ae said:
no, though I was told they're prone to jumping, about 3 of us held it in just afew minutes time..it was exactly like a beardie without the spiney stuff..infact I'd say it was as soft as the underside of a beardie all over.

OOh lala

spyder79

Extreme Poster
one thing to keep in mind with the green tree agama is that they are wild caught. It is considered a "low price low yeild" reptile in the pet industry and therefore no one currently breeds them in captivity.

They are quite similar to bearded dragons though they require more humidity as they are typically found in dense forests.

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Original Poster
the 2 I saw in the store yesterday look very thin and have alot of skin wrinkles suggesting they are below normal weight. If they are wild cought that would explain in and also why the first 2 sold fast and these are still around is that the others actualy looked nice and plump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom