Newborns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lum

We had 13 eggs in October and the first one hatched on 12/15 and 9 hours later the second came along. Now 5 are starting their process with the thrid almost out. After 24 hrs we took the first ones out? My question is, when should the first food be introduced? What kind? How often? I have itty bitty crickets ready to go and the next size up as a Rep store said they eat like beast.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Usually offering greens and bitty crickets the 4th-5th day is good. Normally the babies live off the proteins of the egg sack.. However, go ahead and try the crix now, if they start to eat them, great ! if not... scoop out the feeders and try again later or tomorrow... Always set in the greens first though ;) That starts them on a healthier diet from the get go :)
Janie

Lum

Original Poster
I did add the crix today and the greens as well. They are right behind me so I will be able to keep an eye on them. Thanks for the reply.

Lum

Original Poster
hours-old.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom