Panther Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Hi! Does any have or have experience with Panther chameleons? I am interested in getting one and have started doing my research. I really like the chams at screameleons. They are gorgeous and have great info. It seems as long as I have the proper setup I should be fine. But I have also heard how hard they are to care for. Any opinions or advice? Thanks!

Erin

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Erin, I have one! It was my first one and I am doing great with it! They do their best in natural sunlight! The more sunlight the better their colors come out! Just make sure that you get the drip system! If you need any more help just pm or post!! Good luck!!!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Twobeardieguy":0cdbd said:
Erin, I have one! It was my first one and I am doing great with it! They do their best in natural sunlight! The more sunlight the better their colors come out! Just make sure that you get the drip system! If you need any more help just pm or post!! Good luck!!!

Edit: Also I use a 75 watt tight beam basking light and the reptisun 5.0! Also lots of fake plants and twine going from side to side!!

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome! I've wanted one for years but from what I had heard they are hard to care for and are tempermental. But now that I'm more confident with the beardie and have been doing research, it doesn't seem as bad as people make it sound. I was thinking of getting one through Screameleons. They are pricey but sooo gorgeous. They have a setup kit for juveniles that can be transferred to a bigger enclosure as they grow. Makes it a little easier. How is your guy's temperment? Is he pretty easy going?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
NYDragon":8c573 said:
Awesome! I've wanted one for years but from what I had heard they are hard to care for and are tempermental. But now that I'm more confident with the beardie and have been doing research, it doesn't seem as bad as people make it sound. I was thinking of getting one through Screameleons. They are pricey but sooo gorgeous. They have a setup kit for juveniles that can be transferred to a bigger enclosure as they grow. Makes it a little easier. How is your guy's temperment? Is he pretty easy going?

Yes, Screameleons has some awesome ones and yea they are very pricey!!! You may be able to get one at a reptile show! Thats what we did and it was about 100 bucks cheaper!!! As far as the temperment goes, ahhhhhh its a hit or miss LOL :lol: . They have their days! One day he is ok then other days you cant get near him cause he will snap and hiss a you!! Now I herd that females have a better temperment then males! I'm not sure about it though!! They say that they do better left alone but I believe if you start at a young age and handle them then they are a lot more friendly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom