Good bye, sweet boy <sad>

This forum is for general discussions about non-Bearded Dragon reptiles and amphibians (snakes, lizards, frogs, etc.) Please keep things within the scope of that topic.

Good bye, sweet boy <sad>

Postby katiequinn » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:26 am

My Loiosh is gone. He was my first beardie. He was 10 years old (as far as I know). He was a great little guy with a funny personality. He got me into rescuing bearded dragons. He was such an awesome little buddy that I wanted to help other beardies.

This past weekend he developed a severe URI. He went to the vet today and was diagnosed with a bleeding tumor in his abdomen. The vet said he would likely pass in the next couple of days. He was already having trouble breathing, and I couldn't stand the thought of him struggling to breathe while he slowly bled to death, so I had him put to sleep.

It never gets easier.
katiequinn
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Good bye, sweet boy <sad>

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:07 am

I'm sorry to hear this =(. It never does get easier. Returning your energy to rescue does seem to help redirect grief and bring happiness a bit though. 10 is a good run and he must have enjoyed a good life with you. Are you caring for any other rescues at the moment?
CooperDragon

Re: Good bye, sweet boy <sad>

Postby inflaguration » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Sorry for your loss.
inflaguration
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Reptile Discussion