Diet for 7.5 Month Old Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
I feel like I am behind on doing more research on Clyde's diet now that he is older. I've basically just been feeding him dub roaches like normal and then I cycle through kale and collard greens as a staple, and zucchini on top. I should probably get better at adding variety to his diet. As he has gotten older I have mostly just watched his weight and adjusted. I give him one largish salad for lunch that he sometimes finishes (more greens than he ate as a baby, although I've always given a salad once a day). I feed him roaches in the morning (6-8 medium/large roaches) and the evening (5ish medium/large roaches) 3+ hours before his light goes off. Every once in a while I feed all his roaches in the morning if I am going to be gone at night. He has always had looser stools and I'm trying to work on getting him more hydrated to help (he's very bad at drinking water on his own, I've always had to help).

Anyways, long story short, I want to know what the bug to salad ratio should be at this point... how much salad should be replacing bugs? Also, he is very good at eating his greens!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The more greens the better but he still needs that protein till hes a year old then it reverses to 20% bugs 80% salad --- I would switch up the squash as it will give runnier stools -- here is the nutrition website in case you dont have it -- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder -- I would start giving him some worms if you havent like horn super meal sparingly or butter worms only place for those are mulberryfarms.com you can offer wax worms but feed those sparingly too as they are real fatty ---

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
8 month old juvenile diet.

I'd recommend two feeds per day of quality live insects, largest meal in morning ( as many insects as the dragon wants ) , then a smaller meal in afternoon , and offer salad with 2nd meal.

inky

I feel like I am behind on doing more research on Clyde's diet now that he is older. I've basically just been feeding him dub roaches like normal and then I cycle through kale and collard greens as a staple, and zucchini on top. I should probably get better at adding variety to his diet. As he has gotten older I have mostly just watched his weight and adjusted. I give him one largish salad for lunch that he sometimes finishes (more greens than he ate as a baby, although I've always given a salad once a day). I feed him roaches in the morning (6-8 medium/large roaches) and the evening (5ish medium/large roaches) 3+ hours before his light goes off. Every once in a while I feed all his roaches in the morning if I am going to be gone at night. He has always had looser stools and I'm trying to work on getting him more hydrated to help (he's very bad at drinking water on his own, I've always had to help).

Anyways, long story short, I want to know what the bug to salad ratio should be at this point... how much salad should be replacing bugs? Also, he is very good at eating his greens!!!
i personally recommend after giving him his salad wait a few hours 3-5 and give him his dubia roaches or horn worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom