Unusual feeding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So my little Nova likes to eat clovers.
But only outside! He will not eat them from a bowl in his tank or from my hand.
I have to take him outside to the clover patch for him to eat them.

Also he will eat the bearded dragon pellets, but also not from the bowl, I have to hand feed them to him.

It's kinda cute but also kinda annoying, like I can't just leave some clover in his tank for him he wont eat them even if he hasn't eaten yet.

He does chase down crickets and worms though, its like for eating other food then insects he can't recognize it out of a context...

I don't mind hand feeding him though, I just wonder if I can get him to eat greens and pellets from the bowl.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would ditch the pellets for some nice salad w/ some BSFL on it -- that will entice him to the salad bowl - you will need a ceramic dish or glass so the BSFL cant get out of it

Gail

BD.org Addict
Maybe try a different bowl or even a small plate. When I first got sam, he didn't know how to use a bowl and the sides confused him.
I started using a small plate for greens and it really helped. I used a large, like bread pan sized dish for bugs, he would just leap inside to hunt.
Eventually he learned how to look inside the smaller dishs for food.
He does have two dished for food, a little deeper glass dish that his supers can't escape from and a shallow, bit wider one for greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom