Bearded dragon diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennybutton

Hello,

I stumbled across a 12 year old thread by searching this topic, but I figured I would see if things have changed since then. What are the cons of feeding dry food or pellets that have been soaked in water as a staple?

Besides the argument that live insects provide stimulation to beardies, what is so detrimental to feeding dry food or pellets as a staple?

Before people accuse me of mistreating my animal, I have been rotating protein sources for my 9 year old bearded dragon every six months since he was one year old, cycling between pellets, hornworms, dubia roaches, and silkworms in addition to fruits and vegetation. He has never had health issues, except for when I opted to feed him crickets from a pet store that gave him parasites before he was a year old.

Mostly looking to hear from those who are anti-pellets, but if there are others who have been experimenting with pellets or dry food, I'd love to hear your experiences as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom