Supplement Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
What should my supplement schedule be for my male dragon who is 1 year and 4 months old? I dust his daily salad with supplements, and I give him bugs on a daily without any dusting.

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb and is it a coil or a tube ? This is going to determine the calcium and how often

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so w/ that over a yr alternate the D 3 and regular calcium w out D 3 no phosphorus - I do w/ d 3 two days per week and w/out 3 days it's going to depend on the days your feeding insects- they should only get insects 3 times per week - you can dust your worms like the supers etc-- I am still giving vitamins 2 days per week as mine don't always eat their salads- so you can figure out when to give the D 3 and w/ out

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just to make sure, I should lower his bug feedings to 3 times per week, and how many dubia roaches should I give him if they're around 0.75-1"? I don't only give him dubias, I give him a variety, but I measure bugs in terms if dubia roach portions ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes once they get to be older than a year he should be eating more veggies / salads than insects -- hes old enough to be eating large roaches now - they are filling so if your feeding worms insects and salads he is getting a variety of food -- are you feeding butter worms super worms meal worms horn worms ? Those are all a good variety hes not going to starve to death on that diet -- have you fed him silk worms? those are another good staple feeder

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I usually feed him dubia roaches, hornworms, and BSFL, with the occasional superworms, mealworms, and waxworms. I want to get him some silkworms but I haven't found any in stock for the longest time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom