Supplement Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
What should my supplement schedule be for my male dragon who is 1 year and 4 months old? I dust his daily salad with supplements, and I give him bugs on a daily without any dusting.

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb and is it a coil or a tube ? This is going to determine the calcium and how often

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so w/ that over a yr alternate the D 3 and regular calcium w out D 3 no phosphorus - I do w/ d 3 two days per week and w/out 3 days it's going to depend on the days your feeding insects- they should only get insects 3 times per week - you can dust your worms like the supers etc-- I am still giving vitamins 2 days per week as mine don't always eat their salads- so you can figure out when to give the D 3 and w/ out

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just to make sure, I should lower his bug feedings to 3 times per week, and how many dubia roaches should I give him if they're around 0.75-1"? I don't only give him dubias, I give him a variety, but I measure bugs in terms if dubia roach portions ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes once they get to be older than a year he should be eating more veggies / salads than insects -- hes old enough to be eating large roaches now - they are filling so if your feeding worms insects and salads he is getting a variety of food -- are you feeding butter worms super worms meal worms horn worms ? Those are all a good variety hes not going to starve to death on that diet -- have you fed him silk worms? those are another good staple feeder

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I usually feed him dubia roaches, hornworms, and BSFL, with the occasional superworms, mealworms, and waxworms. I want to get him some silkworms but I haven't found any in stock for the longest time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom