Too much butternut squash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
A couple weeks ago Tifa discovered that she loves butternut squash more than anything. She used to always refuse it but now she's deliberately digging through her salad to eat as much of it as she can. My understanding is that it's a perfectly fine staple veggie and daily consumption is okay. That said her poops ever since have been these huge squashy messes and, compared to what I'm used to, they made me a little worried. Is this normal for a beardie who's been eating a lot of squash?

108608-2334919083.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's pretty normal. Hopefully you can get some interest in other veges in order to provide some variety, but some of them just LOVE squash (my guy included) and are just fine with that as a staple.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thanks CooperDragon! Yeah I figured after posting that I was probably worried about nothing but whenever I see something new I need to check.

I feel pretty lucky her 3 things she gets ‘obsessed’ with are the butternut, collards and carrot greens. Those all seem to be pretty solid staples, and I’m sure shell be back on greens before I know it. Today I shaved all the squash really finely and mixed into a salad of greens and watched her just pick her way through it to get all the squash :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom