My dragon isn’t eating much anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abberry

I posted on here awhile ago that my dragon, about 8 months old, was eating 100 Dubai roaches a day. Now she eats like 20-30 medium Dubai roaches like every 3 days for the past 2 months. She gets a fresh salad every day with repti calcium sprinkled on it. She eats some salad but not much. I changed her UV bulb to make sure she was getting enough. Her temperatures aren’t too hot or cold.
I did give her some horn worms as treats, which she devours. Is she now just being picky since I gave her hornworms or do you think something else is going on? Poops are normal looking, pooping like every day to every other day. she’s acting normal, though occasionally hiding in her log during the day.
Let me know what you think!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Placement of the UVB is critical please tell me what your using for a UVB and where in the tank is it?

Abberry

Original Poster
109859-5295768511.jpg
109859-4670810844.jpg

UVB bulb in the back on top of cage with larger holes on the cage’s top. Infront of it is the heating lamp. I use reptisun 24 W 10.0 UVB T5 high output. I replaced it a month and a half ago, when she first acted this way, then she ate more and now she’s not eating much again

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is the distance from the platform to the UVB --- if its over 10 inches it needs to be closer --

Abberry

Original Poster
Oooo ok! It’s 10 from light to the top of the brown rock! So I’ll hang the UV hood and bulb inside the cage. Are there any good tutorials for how to do this? Use Zip tyes?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Distance should be 12 15 inches inside the tank--- zip ties are good I have other things you can use I would need to post them later-- don't have access to them now-

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would probably keep your T5 where it is. The ZooMed fixtures are easier to handle when they're sitting on top of an enclosure (they aren't designed to hang the way some other fixtures are). The distance should be OK, and the rocks along the back provide some closer access. The mesh top will cut the output a little bit, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

At 8 months old she is still eating a pretty good amount based on your description. Their appetites will fluctuate naturally over the course of the year. As long as she is otherwise behaving normally and not showing signs of black bearding or lethargic behavior or significant weight loss etc, then she's probably OK.

I would also offer salad but without any supplements. The veges should be nutrient rich on their own, so I'd reserve the calcium supplement for bugs when you offer those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom