Beardie only likes Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorybeer

Morning All,
If you could please assist with any reccomendations, i have a 19 month old beardie who has just decided he does not like any form of fruit or Veg, loves Morio and Wax worms but nothing else.
he is good size (425g) and healthy, full of energy and loves being out, his tank temps are perfect and is out alot.
I make sure the worms are coated with top quality vitamin and Calciu powder, he used to eat veg but has woken up last week not wanting any.
If you have any advice would be appreciated as want the best for him and keep him healthy.
Many thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wax worms are too fatty --- he is hooked on worms -- are you feeding any kind of staple feeder? He has just woken up? Has he been in brumation? For how long? What kind of UVB are you using?

rorybeer

Original Poster
Many thanks and he will not eat anything but worms, (the occasion mouthful of watercress).
He has not come out of Brumation and has not done this as yet, loves being out and with us, just his food intake.
Currently the set up is as attached and has a Exoterra UVB 150 30W strip light in his tank.
At the back is the UVB, in the front is a similiar strip of Natural light and his basking lamp.
Temperatures checked in all corners with digital thermometers and all within expected limits.
111280-1067149332.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get the UVB off the back wall and get a fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia --- your dragon is not getting enough UVB w/ the way it is placed in the tank and w/ NO reflector--- your UVB needs to be directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches for a T5 or 12% Arcadia -- I would invest in a 24" hood w/ either a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb--- he will eventually quit eating all together w/ not being able to have proper UVB -- that is what helps him absorb / synthesize the calcium he is ingesting --- Please do this ASAP - your dragon is getting sicker by the day w/ lack of UVB

rorybeer

Original Poster
Many thanks, the UVB bulb at the back is approx 8 inches from the top shelves where he spends 80% of his time when in the tank, the tube is replaced every 3 months, however will get a reflector so all light is aiming into the tank.
He spends alot of time in the natural sun when weather is suitable.
Many thanks and hope this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom