New baby beardie feeding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

caro755

He's about a month old and I've had him for a couple days. I was told that he can't have dubias because he's too small to eat that much membrane and that I should stick to crickets. So far he's eaten 2-3 crickets a day and no veggies and I've been able to get him to drink water. Is this normal/ is he eating enough? I know he's probably stressed still. Is that true about the dubias? I wonder if he's not eating many crickets cuz he's sick of them but the lady at petco said he only eats 4-7 a day normally. Also, if the cricket is slightly too large/ not the tiniest baby size cricket could that turn him off from wanting it?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its pretty normal for them not to eat due to relocation stress.
There is no reason you can't feed appropriate sized dubia, they need to fit between the dragons eyes. See this link.
https://reptile.guide/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/How-big-of-a-cricket-can-you-feed-a-bearded-dragon.jpg

Many babies have no idea greens are food. Bad breeders and lazy pet stores just don't take the time to teach them. Keep offering green and make sure they are cut small so they are easy to swallow

If you ever see his mouth open pop a piece of green in there so he can start getting a taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom