Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokehuntertrino

I've just got a new bearded dragon and was told that she eats well but noticed that she hasn't eaten any of the crickets that has been fed to her... She seems calm but this is my dragon... Any advice.... Should I change her over to meal worms instead or wait it out...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your dragon is going thru relocation stress --- its not uncommon for them not to eat for a few days --- shes needs to be fed salads every day and insects as well --- how old is the dragon? Make sure you have proper temps and being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate also a good UVB NO coils they are inadequate --- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia--- what is the size of the tank ? If any of the lighting or temps are off your dragon will not eat

Pokehuntertrino

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1dmk1adc said:
Your dragon is going thru relocation stress --- its not uncommon for them not to eat for a few days --- shes needs to be fed salads every day and insects as well --- how old is the dragon? Make sure you have proper temps and being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate also a good UVB NO coils they are inadequate --- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia--- what is the size of the tank ? If any of the lighting or temps are off your dragon will not eat

I do not know how hold she is but thanks I will be going to town we'd so I'll get things in order for her

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Things in order? What are you getting in town? Your dragon looks to be around 6-7 months old I am thinking --- I will have another person take a look --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I would guess 3-5 months at the most. Do you have a measurement ? Can you post a pic of it from above on your leg or lap with your hand next to it for scale ?

Hi,
I am new to this forum and plan on getting a baby beardie sometime soon. I made it my goal to learn as much about them as possible as could. I know all the basics and have everything down. However I am concerned about my schedule- I wake up aground 615 and get home some nights at 630 and some nights at 8. However i might be able to get someone to feed him for me in the middle of the day.
Any advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure your using a digital probe thermometer for basking temps and have a good UVB NO coils and the long tube fixture needs to be properly placed in the tank--- its not going to matter if these things are not correct he wont eat - those things I just mentioned are the MOST IMPORTANT things in the tank - he needs salads every morning http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
this bowl works good to keep the BSFL and the dubias in - feed your dragon before you leave w/ the BSFL in it and salad he is going to need another feeding around 12 or so that would be your dubias add them to the bowl -- how old is the baby? Sometimes a third feeding is in order - DO NOT DUST the BSFL but you will need to dust the dubias - if feeding another he needs to be fed at least 2-3 hrs before lights out -- he needs time to start to digest that last feeding --- ONLY DUST the dubias ONCE per feeding - calcium D3 5 x per week lightly coated and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week light coated

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yourfriendlyperson, start a new thread for your dragon so you can get all the help you might need. If you post on this thread it gets mixed up with the O.P's thread .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom