Question about feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinitBelam

I am trying to get a general answer about how often you should feed a beardie crickets. I feed my boy everyday and will continue to do so. I work at a pet store, we sell crickets obviously,when some customers come in they tell me to only feed my dragon once a week. I tried to get some info online its been fruitless. How often do you guys feed your beardies? If you switch from crickets to superworms how many super worms do you feed?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Very important question , answer determines the insect feeding frequency (times per day) and when older , times per week ) , how old is the dragon ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Regards superworms : advice I received from my expert reptile vet when I started keeping dragons was :

if the dragon is younger than 12 months old - no superworms ( and no mealworms ) and both only ever given as treat.

Their hard exoskeleton is the problem - hard to digest , can lead to impaction because in hatchlings and juveniles the gut still has some tight bends in it ( these straighten out somewhat as the dragon becomes an adult ).
Also supers and mealworms are very high in fat ( KFC for dragons ! ).
I do give mealworm pupae to my hatchlings and juvenile dragons as treat - much softer exoskeletons on these , and my dragons love superworm pupae too.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Live insects to any bearded dragon is NOT ENOUGH .

The dragon needs the vitamins, amino acids, fats and protein in the insects to be healthy. Will NOT get these from greens and vegs or suppliments. Sorry but these people who are telling you once a week are TOTALLY CLUELESS.

Brings us back to how old is the dragon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom