Extremely picky eater all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
My girl is about 2 years old and has been a pretty good eater for me over the time I've had her. I tend to mix up the greens I get her every time. Just finished a bag of kale so last time I went shopping I got her some collards, and I top it with butternut squash and freeze-dried bugs (her favorite treat). The last week, however, she hasnt been eating hardly at all. Even her dried bugs she turns her nose up at. And 9 out of 10 times she refuses dubias and crickets but she gobbles down super worms like there's no tomorrow. I recently bought some Repashy Beardie Buffet as I heard a lot of people have great luck with that. But so far shes refused that too. Nothing has changed in her enclosure, except I replaced her basking bulb recently but if anything that has optimized her temps and UV intake.
Any tips on getting her to eat? I'm worried shes laking in calcium and protein because she hasnt touched what I've offered her lately.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB? And how old is the bulb? Coil or tube please brand and bulb? Where in the tank is the UVB?

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3cppgbtc said:
What are you using for a UVB? And how old is the bulb? Coil or tube please brand and bulb? Where in the tank is the UVB?
75w ZooMed basking bulb: located far left of her 75 gallon tank, approximately 2 weeks old
Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB tube: stretching 2/3rds across her tank, approximately 4 months old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So the lighting is all good --- is the UVB inside the tank or top of screen? Sounds like shes hooked on the super worms --- dont feed her anymore --- start w/ the insects again and feed only those -- is she basically living off the super worms? Keep offering her salads and the insects--- she should only have the insects 2-3 times per week -- dust those not the salads -- have you ever fed her silk worms?

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2vv8fp5h said:
So the lighting is all good --- is the UVB inside the tank or top of screen? Sounds like shes hooked on the super worms --- dont feed her anymore --- start w/ the insects again and feed only those -- is she basically living off the super worms? Keep offering her salads and the insects--- she should only have the insects 2-3 times per week -- dust those not the salads -- have you ever fed her silk worms?
I doubt shes hooked on the super worms. Other than 2 weeks ago (I picked some up when I bought her new basking bulb), I havent given them to her in months and she had been eating fine

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can try some silk worms they are a good staple feeder--- www.reptilianarts.com - they have cupped they come w/ food-- the bulk like 50 come small and no food-- you would need to get food it comes powder and mix w/ water - I usually mix like 2 tablespoons and keep in fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom